Key Learning Objectives:
1. Learn chemical formulas for household items
2. Observe a chemical reaction
3. Understand the use of personal protective equipment (gloves and glasses)
Exothermic, catalyst, atom, molecule, diatomic
Relevant NGSS Standard(s):
5-PSI-4 Structure and Properties of Matter
Test your knowledge & Take the Quiz!
- What is a catalyst?
- What is the catalyst in this experiment?
- Why is there steam coming out of the cylinder?
- What is the steam made of? How many atoms are in 1 molecule of water?
- What is the chemical formula for hydrogen peroxide?
Video Duration: 8 minutes, 40 seconds